Zapora – 1927 built 61′ Seiner
Built in 1927 the Zapora in Prince Rupert is a regular visitor at Commodore’s. Formerly known as the Justina Pearle, Zapora has come to Shelter Island and Commodore’s Boats to replace some planks above the water line. Red Cedar is the recommended wood product to be used. Subsequent caulking will occur and while this old girl is out of the water we will splash some fresh paint and replace the zincs.
Zapora was built in 1927 by Prince Rupert Drydock and Shipyards.
In 1927-1931 she was owned by Lars Voge, Prince Rupert BC. In 1937-1949 she was owned by Lars Solewaag, Vancouver BC. In 1956-1961 she was owned by Zapora Fishing Ltd., Vancouver BC. In 1966-1972 she was owned by Clyde R. Smith, Prince Rupert BC. In 1973-1987 as a seiner she was owned by Kenesa Fishing Ltd., Prince Rupert BC. In 1989-1993 she was owned by Loman E. Daury, Prince Rupert BC. In 1994-1997 she was owned by Zapora Fishing Ltd., Courtenay BC. In 2001 she was owned by William M. Leighton, Prince Rupert BC. In 2003-2004 she was owned by Vargas Seafoods Co. Ltd., Comox BC. In 2011-present she is owned by Kenneth G.R. McGill, Victoria BC.
(information courtesy of http://www.nauticapedia.ca)