Yes! Shelter Island Marina and Commodore’s Boats encourages a collaborative approach to your boats. It is not unusual for clients to provide a hands-on approach to all the work performed although we have highly trained skilled craftsmen equipped to take on any marine repair and restoration job.
Shelter Island Marina has rules and regulations as it relates to contractors wanting to work on their own boats in the yard. Commodore’s Boats follows these strict rules to the letter and as a customer of Commodore’s Boats you will be able to benefit from the investment Commodore’s Boats has made in order that our customers are also in alignment with the Marina’s rules and guidelines.
Contractors must have the following, validly issued in accordance with applicable law, and current:
2. WorkSafe BC Insurance (WCB).
3. First Aid Certification.
Work must be done in an environmentally safe and clean manner, including without limitation:
2. All chemical wastes must be removed from Marina property.
3. No waste shall be disposed of on any land or wetlands or waters, on, or adjoining, Marina property.
4. Spills of any type, on or around the Marina, must be reported to the Marina management immediately.
5. Full cost of cleanup, removal and/or environmental damage for work done in the Marina are the responsibility of the Contractor and Contractor hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Shelter Island for the same.
6. All chemicals brought on Marina property must be removed at the conclusion of the job.
7. All hazardous chemicals used on Marina property must be approved by Marina management prior to being brought on site.